There has been a strong outcry and also possible damages when it comes to the recent wannacry ransomware attack. We are here to share some of the ways that you can take to avoid ransomware.
1. Find out version of Windows on your computer
First of all, it is important to note that the WannaCry can infect only devices on Windows.
It is a serious problem for computers that are running windows. Different windows have different patches. You need to figure out the version you are running.
2. Scan your computer for viruses
As official distributor for Sophos and Trend Micro, we strongly recommend this two brands that you can use to scan your computer of virus or ransomware. To watch for any possible problems that you can actually get involved in.
3. Install updates that patches the vulnerability in Windows
Here are some of the links to keeping your system updated.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 10 Version 1511 32-bit
- Windows 10 Version 1511 64-bit
- Windows 10 Version 1607 32-bit
- Windows 10 Version 1607 64-bit